Sunday, April 24, 2011

Water for Elephants

Kent and I go to a lot of movies. We hit our 24th movie of the year today and saw Water for Elephants. I've not really been posting much about the movies we see and thought I'd better get busy with a few recommendations! Check out the trailer below.



We usually grade movies A-F and I'd give this one a solid B. Think love story meets animal rights and it pretty much covers the storey.

"When Jacob Jankowski, recently orphaned and suddenly adrift, jumps onto a passing train, he enters a world of freaks, drifters, and misfits, a second-rate circus struggling to survive during the Great Depression, making one-night stands in town after endless town. A veterinary student who almost earned his degree, Jacob is put in charge of caring for the circus menagerie. It is there that he meets Marlena, the beautiful young star of the equestrian act, who is married to August, the charismatic but twisted animal trainer. He also meets Rosie, an elephant who seems untrainable until he discovers a way to reach her. Water for Elephants is illuminated by a wonderful sense of time and place. It tells a story of a love between two people that overcomes incredible odds in a world in which even love is a luxury that few can afford."

I liked the storey telling aspect of the movie and the time period in which it was set. I also enjoyed the cast although I did not think there was much chemistry between Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson.

I'd recommend you check it out!

Later -

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment