Monday, April 18, 2011

Completed the Boston Marathon!

What an awesome, inspiring and completely unbelievable experience! I expected it to be fun but the experience by far exceeded my expectations! The crowds were incredible, especially around Wesley College , Boston University, and at the finish line.

My final time was 3:46:51. I was hoping for anything better than four hours so I was pleased.

The day started off quite cold but was perfect at race time with a nice tailwind!

I have to say it was my favorite marathon to date.

Thought I'd share a few pictures from the day.




This was taken at the Boston Commons where we caught the busses that took runners to the start of the race. Over 500 buses are used to transport runners!




Taken as I was entering runners village. Not me of course!




Several scenes at the village.




Heading to the start of the race.










Kent took this picture right after I was done and we connected up.




Close up of the medal. It's pretty cool!




Finally a picture after I'd had time to shower and head out for a nice dinner!




We are on a train headed back to NY as I write this and will head home tomorrow!

Thanks to all my family and friends for the many well wishes and comments these past few days! I really appreciate each one of you!

Later -

Jim

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment