Sunday, February 7, 2010

Heirloom vs. Hybrid Seeds

January and now Febuary have been very mild here in the Pacific Northwest so I have spent a lot of time in the yard already. We had three large trees taken down so I am planning a large vegtable garden this year! I've already ordered my seeds! With that in mind I thought I would do a little garden posting.

Mother Earth News Latest 10 Articles
Heirloom Vegetables: 6 Advantages Compared to Hybrids

Open-pollinated heirloom vegetables have many advantages over modern hybrid seeds. Most have superior taste and nutrition, plus they have developed resistance to local pests and diseases. And, to make them an even sweeter deal, you’ll be able to save your own seeds from year to year (unlike with hybrid seeds).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment