Thursday, March 29, 2012

What did we come here for?

It's hard to believe that we came here for basketball - I'm not sure when we would have fit it in! We were on the go every minute yesterday. Following our runs in Central Park we headed out to lunch in Bryant Park. They have the best delis here in New York. We have discovered a couple near the park that we really like. The weather has been nice enough to sit out and eat in the park everyday. Today we had lunch in Central Park. We had tickets yesterday to see Spiderman the play in the afternoon which was very good.




It's gotten such bad press that we were skeptical but took a chance and really enjoyed both the music and the technical aspects of the show! Peter Parker was cute too so that was a bonus!




We had just enough time to head to dinner at Toloache for dinner where we overate on Fruita Guacamole, chips, lobster tacos, and marg's! And these were just our appetizers! We love that place!












The highlight of the evening was seeing Death of a Salesman with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Andrew Garfield.








Andrew is most known for his role in Social Network. He will also play the lead in the new Spiderman movie.




We were in the third row from the stage in the center so we had great seats. I've never seen the play - it was especially nice to see it with such a terrific cast.
Today I started the day with an 8.5 mile run through Central Park today as opposed to yesterday. It is such a beautiful place to run. I retraced some of my steps from when I ran the New York Marathon as the marathon ends in the park.
Today we are hanging low - we are headed to a spots bar called Gyms that we originally discovered in LA and then a play called Other Desert Cities.




I've been wanting to see it for awhile. I spotted it when we were here at Christmas.
Better get going - I've got a lot to do before heading home tomorrow!
Later -
Jim
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God those lobster tacos look to die for! What was in them besides the lobster? looks likesome cilantro, but what elase. Glad you are having a great time. We love you M&D

    ReplyDelete