Monday, May 16, 2011

Sylvia's 80th Birthday Party

When Kent wrote "Happy 80th Birthday" on the card we gave his mother it really hit me! Our parents are getting up there in age! This past weekend we went over to Wenatchee where Kent grew up and had a party to celebrate 80 years on this earth. It was great fun and filled with family and friends.

I had a 20 mile training run to do on Saturday so I got up and did some hill work by running 4.5 miles up Badger Mt. Rd. And then did the usual route on the Apple Blossom Trail along the Columbia River.



We decided to have the party at Sylvia's house. This is before the party guests arrived.


Just in time for a little relaxation time before everyone arrived!



Kay (Kent's sister) is going through some pictures for the picture boards that he and his sister put together.



They put together three boards of various pictures covering the past 80 years! It was a lot of fun listening to them laugh talk about family memories.


I love this picture of Kent! What a ham! And he is so cute! I would have been all over him! He was 21 years old in this picture - this was taken at the rehearsal dinner for his sisters wedding.


Picture of the Birthday girl!


Kent and his Mom - brother-in-law Tony in the background.



Happy 80th Sylvia!


Cheers to the birthday girl!



Our niece Kara and her cousin Whitney.


Guests listening as Sylvia reads birthday cards.


And finally no party would be complete without a few of my famous self portraits! Kara and me.


Me with Kay and Tony.


Finally Harriett and I and at the last second Kent popped his head in the shot!



A great time was had by all! Have a great week. I'm headed to Miami for a few days for work and Kent will fly down on Thursday so we can get some rest, relaxation and most importantly some sunshine in Key West! Looking forward to it!

Later - Jim

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment