Monday, May 16, 2011

Miami

Made it to Miami and can I just say - it's freaking nice here! It's in the low 80's with a nice breeze, a far cry from the wet cloudy weather of Seattle - especially this spring!

Met up with a couple of colleagues at the Atlanta airport and flew into Miami together and shared a cab to the hotel.

We are staying at the Epic Miami. It's very nice and a great location.






I'm here for a Reclaiming Futures National Conference which is always a great experience. I've known many of the folks and been involved for nearly 10 years now. I always learn something new and enjoy meeting with colleagues from across the country. I'm very fortunate to have this opportunity as a part of my professional career. Kent will be joining me on Thursday and we will drive down to Key West for a few days - I am really looking forward to his arrival and our time in Key West.

Of course the first thing I did was change into running clothes and go for a run!


It was a bit warm but I managed to cover 10.5 miles. I was not planning on taking any pictures along the way but I could not help myself! So thought I'd share a few.


Beautiful sunset.



I noticed that when I was running that the sun was going down in front of me and that the moon was full behind me. Amazing evening!




Then had a quick dinner and took a few more shots on the way back and around the hotel.












Headed to bed now - big day tomorrow!

Later - Jim


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Looks out of this world especially the sun and moon connections! We were thinking about you. Midge arrived last night. Barbara will be here until sat. Wishing you a great conference and you and Kent a good time in Key West. It is raining here! Love M&D

    ReplyDelete