Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Next Up: New York Marathon!

I leave early tomorrow Morning for the New York Marathon! My bib number is 38862 and I will start the race in the second wave at 10:00 a.m. EST - 7:00 a.m. PST. You can find out more details about the start of the marathon at the following link:



I've been training for months and have been nursing an injury to my right leg but I am as ready as I can be at this point. I will be happy to complete in under four hours but up to my leg injury I'd been training to complete in 3.5 hours. If I complete in 3.5 hours, I'd qualify for Boston! I've ran a couple of 1/2 marathons during my training and 10K's and all have been great times. 26.2 miles is a whole different story. Kent and a couple of friends will be in New York as well.


You can sign up for alerts if you want to track my progress at the following link:

TV and Internet Schedule information can be found here:

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/broadcast_schedule.htm

If I keep on pace you can pretty much predict where I will be at any time on the course. once I cross the start line my goal is to run at about 8:30 minute miles for the first 2-3 miles and then pick up the pace to 8 minute miles for 16-18 miles and finally finish the last 4-6 miles at a 7:45. I'll keep you posted with regular updates!

You can visit the official Marathon Website at the following link:

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/about_index.htm

Keep your fingers crossed and send me good luck - Oh and don't forget to approve Referendum 71!

Later -

Jim

3 comments:

  1. OK Brother I have Your bib number listed for alerts, I will be pullung for you, and Ref 71!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto All set to watch your progress. You have a big cheering section. Have a nice time before the race, but don't overdo the leg.How exciting this is. I almost feel the energy that will be flowing. If you see a feather put it in your shoe it will add wings to your feet. May positive energy flow through you > Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all signed up for the updates; can't wait to see how you do! This is so very exciting!

    ReplyDelete