Friday, October 16, 2009

About 71

I am here with another ask - I know it's been awhile since I've posted but now that the November ballots are arriving I need to ask you to vote to approve Ref. 71.

Voting APPROVE on Ref. 71 is a vote to keep the domestic partnership law that provides legal protections for lesbian and gay couples and seniors who are in committed relationships. To be able to take unpaid leave to care for a critically ill loved one, without being fired. To be able to cover a partner in family health insurance. To make sure hard-earned pension and death benefits protect children when a parent dies. Approving Ref. 71 ensures that important protections are not taken away from committed couples, so that they are able to take care of each other, especially in times of crisis. Keep the domestic partnership law - Vote APPROVE on Ref. 71 by Nov 3.

I really hope I can count on you to not only vote to approve Ref. 71 but to pass the word to family and friends to approve this Referendum.

Thanks - more posting soon. The New York Marathon is only two weeks away!

Jim

1 comment:

  1. you can count on me, and many others who love and admire you.
    I am proud to say many young people I know, Williams friends Rock & Kelly who you've both met several times, have a post on their facebook page urging support of 71 too.

    ReplyDelete