Thursday, July 31, 2008

January 1, 2029

What happens on January 1, 2029? That's the day that I retire! I can't wait to be able to say the thing that all retirees say to those of us still working - "I'm busier now than when I worked". Yeah right - did you ever think that perhaps you were not working hard enough! :-) For those of you younger than I, the good news is that you are younger and that gravity has not yet set in. The bad news is that retirement is even further away than January 1, 2029 and that gravity will eventually set in! Word of advice - save, save , save. Max out your 401K and buy a Roth each year and you should be fine. For extra security get a government job with a pension!
Why retirement? It seems that more and more people I know are retiring. I can only imagine that it will increase as the years go by. It started with our friend Diane, pictured below at her retirement party with Kent and I and her daughter Barbara who is also our friend (and a single doctor)! :-)



Followed by our friend Buzz who just happens to be the husband of Diane and Father of Barbara above. Buzz is pictured below at this retirement party with the "girls" from the office. I had only met a few of them before but from what I could tell Buzz was pretty popular with the ladies!



Finally followed by my Mom last year pictured below with my Dad and Kent and I in Hawaii this last February.



and TODAY my friend Linda!

Congratulations Linda! I am going to miss you. I am still recovering from my overdose on carrot cake from yesterday! The guy in the picture is trying to figure out how many cocktails you had to consume before the ribbon made it into your mouth!

Thanks to all who have responded to and visited my blog! It's been fun. Thanks too to the anonymous tip for this to do this weekend in Madison. We will definitely check them out! Notice too our new cat in the right margin. He loves when you tease him with the mouse. Scroll over him and check it out!

Later - Jim

1 comment:

  1. Looking Good congrats Dianne and Buzz. Hope your retirement is all you dreamed of. Have a great time in NYC and GO HUSKIES!M&D

    ReplyDelete